Monday, June 30, 2014

Simple Life Things and a Tech Free Summer

So about a week ago, I suddenly decided that as of July 1st, I'll go internet free until September. I'm going to spend the summer creating things, collecting up memories, working on a budget, organizing non-profit projects, and doing all the things that so often don't get the time they deserve because I'm always researching, and getting inspired, and trying to "market", which I'm terrible at it. I think if I give myself the two months, I will hopefully have a legitimate plan for moving forward by the end of it all.
I'm a bit nervous, because unlike most people, who seem to struggle the most emotionally in the winter, I have a really hard time with summers. I have no idea why. I usually cope by occupying my mind, and making the transition from tech filled days to whatever my mind imagines, is a wee bit daunting.
That being said, I'm excited.
And it's not like I'm stopping altogether. I'm helping with a wedding, and I'll still be a photographer... so both of those things semi-require at least checking up on the status of things... but basically, it's break time.
I'm so fortunate I'm one of those personality types that inherently loves the small things in life!
Petals covering the ground, furry rabbits, laughter, sunlight, the smell of mock oranges... it all adds up to a pretty great world.













2 comments:

Teddi said...

i bet you're gonna create some great stuff. your enjoying the small things was very lyrical. fab photos!

Karolina Szewczyczak said...

Oh my god, what a wonderful bunny! Great photos ;)