Monday, April 14, 2014

Making a Feather Garland 2: DIY

I loved my first feather garland so much that I made a second one.
First, I separated out the colours I wanted, in this case, pink, red, turquoise and blue. For some reason, I'm crazy for red and pink together, clashy or not.

Then I cut myself a length of fishing line (or clean nylon thread), it's hard to see the thread, so I didn't post a picture of it. Mine was about three feet in length.
I then put a big blob of hot glue directly on the feather tip.
While the glue is still hot, I place the fishing line across the blob. 
Wait a second for the glue to harden, and repeat with the next feather.
It's so easy, yet looks really cute when it's all done.
I didn't keep the letters up, the garlands are still in place though, adding a little punch of colour for the gray days.






1 comment:

Kimberly G said...

Very cute. I love feathers.