Sunday, March 16, 2014

DIY Feather Garland

I don't even have to give step by step photos for this DIY, it's that easy.

1. Cut a length of nylon thread (I use fishing line for all my bead projects and a lot of my mobile, garland projects as well).

2. Put a dot of hot glue on the back of a feather.

3. Press feather to thread.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have a full-fledged colourful feather garland!

Despite being one of the easiest DIYs ever... it's actually one of my favourites.
You can see the start of one of my next projects.... a new inspiration wall.

I've also decided it's time to renovate the inside of this dollhouse.
I got it for my fifth birthday from my grandpa and great aunt, who built it for me, and despite the fact I'm de-cluttering, I brought it out of hiding, because, I still really love it.
I lately got a colour printer and there are so many cute doll sized furniture printables available online these days (instant download), that I thought it would be a fun (and cheap) project that would satisfy my need to craft without the expense of new craft supplies!

Here's the before stage (more or less):
It's a very tiny dollhouse, definitely for 1:12 miniatures, also, clearly with outdated decor.

I'm looking forward to getting started. 
Happy week loves!








1 comment:

grrfeisty said...

oh my gosh! dollhouses are so cool looking. i've never had one but love what they represent. i can't wait to see your new additions. :)