Wednesday, February 12, 2014

DIY headdress

My cousin, Sarah Wills, is a fashion photographer, and talented in ways I simply am not. A few weeks ago she asked me to make her a head dress for a warrior princess themed fashion shoot she had planned.
Then, she asked if she could make a video of it, and honestly, I love how it turned out. It's a quick DIY video, but the head dress basically just required feathers and ribbons, as well as a hot glue gun.

Here's the head-dress during the shoot. The model is Amanda Evans, she's AMAZING to work with... so sweet, professional, and obviously beautiful!

The original head-dress design included peacock feathers, which you'll see in the video, but I ripped them off. They didn't look right.
And here's a video Sarah did of the shoot.
She does these great videos herself. 


Her and I have plans for more DIY videos, so far we've done three.
Here's a quick nail tutorial, if you're interested.

I was trying out nail stickers that I bought around Christmas. The little camera stickers were fantastic and stayed on for a long time. You can find the stickers here.



2 comments:

Daria said...

I really love your blog!
Following you now, hope you will visit and follow my blog as well! ♥
www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com

Murphose said...

Great photos :) I'm following u now! xx