Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Here's me at 32

It's my birthday again today. When my mother turned 32, she had three kids, and was headed for a divorce. It's weird to think of her as being the same age I am now. Not that she seemed old particularly... just not as young as I still feel, despite the fact I'm aware I'm not really young any more. I'm still unmarried. I only work part-time, but still 32 isn't such a bad age.

Do you see this video? I get it.

What's It Like Being An Unmarried Woman Over 30


I know who I am and where I want to be. I know I definitely want to spend my life being a photographer and free lance writer. I know I love the non-profit work I do, even if it takes a lot of time. I know I want to photograph babies, rather than weddings, and do photo essays for magazines, and photos to create awareness. I would love to start a magazine for Christian teens, and an organization called "Ending Teen and Child Abuse and Poverty". I know I'd love to have a home where I welcome foster babies and young children. Those are all future goals though. Right now, I'll continue participating in the Heritage Association, loving my town, teaching photography, working at the library, and growing A Lovely Little World photography. Photography really brings me joy. I also loved writing for the Sachem, so I know I need to get my butt in gear and try to keep on "writing" for other publications. It's hard to not put that on a back burner though. I really want to have a more political voice. I've very concerned with the direction Canadian politics are headed, and if you don't speak up, what's the point of having a voice. I always stall because I want to be more organized and I spend countless hours then sorting, planning, and never doing. I want this to be my year of minimalism. Less spending, more saving, more simplifying. -"Collect moments, not things".



I've realized that sometimes, no matter how much you don't want people paying attention to you, or how much you refuse to be a leader, sometimes you end up the centre of attention, leading people in unexpected ways.

Here's the plan for 32... and hopefully, God willing, I'll find a partner along the road.
At least I don't have too much to de-clutter.....

Be the light friends. Always love. "Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty".



No comments: