Thursday, September 5, 2013

North Country: Nature Photography





I went camping in Sturgeon Bay Provincial Park and hiking in Grundy Lake Provincial Park. Most of my photography these days is done with a fixed lens, (50mm) and a very shallow depth of field (f.1.8). I love the dreamy realism created by using this lens. Everything looks magical. It doesn't hurt that Northern Ontario is beautiful. I made sure to shoot predominately as the sun was setting over the lake and all the flowers were backlit. It gives the photos that golden tone, and outlines the flowers with a pretty halo. I did use some filters in photoshop, but just to emphasis the softness. I probably didn't really need to use them at all.


















2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, your pictures are insanely good! Love them! xoxo

Teddi said...

absolutely positively stunning photos!