Saturday, August 17, 2013

Feel Good Friday: Silly Rabbit and Paper Towns

"The expert in anything was once a beginner"
"Do one thing that scares you everyday" - Eleanor Roosevelt
 "Loving you is easy. I can do it in my sleep. I dream of you so often it's like you never leave." - Bright Eyes
Let somebunny love you!
Although, I'm pretty sure this bunny wasn't loving me when I was taking these photos.

I finished John Green's Paper Towns the other day, and although I really wasn't that in love with the book, for a number of reasons, there was one message that really stuck with me. If we see life according to a particular metaphor, we limit our ability to see. Margo saw herself as a puppet with strings, when all the strings broke, so was "lifeless", and seeing ourselves through a metaphor, limits our ability to see and understand what other people experience. This being said, I'm not sure I will be able to break free of metaphors. I'm very prone to them. Maybe most people are.... but I thought it was a very interesting point. We limit ourselves by the limits of the metaphor. A caged bird can't really fly, unless you don't see yourself as a caged bird, but a kite. Kite strings can be broken though, so you maybe don't want to limit yourself to being a kite either... do you see?







No comments: