Friday, August 30, 2013

Fan Expo Finds: Artist Alley and Beyond

The Artist Alley is definitely the coolest part of Fan Expo. So many Indie Artists sell a variety of amazing Art. The only problem.... this was by far the most cramped, busiest part of the Expo. I actually skipped some rows just because traffic was at a standstill and I got tired of waiting for a turn to fight my way down the rows. 

I did however scoop up some super cute postcards and stickers.
The bunnies, hamster and zombie are from Bitty Things.
The stickers and Mario postcards (which I'm insanely in love with) are from Jaded Dragon.

The last two Art cards are from a fellow that didn't have a business card.
This is my Norman Reedus autograph. I was pretty much speechless (think Troy in Community meeting Levar Burton) so I don't have any cool stories to tell. 
I was so happy to find this fellow. I wanted a really big Totoro doll, but they were all so expensive. I settled for this little one because it was $10.00.
One vendor had Funko Pop Vinyls on for $10.00 so I picked up two that I've wanted for a while. Rainbow Dash was a bonus. The Sonny Angel came from a different booth. They also sold Re-Ment miniatures, which I lately started collecting, but they only had Hello Kitty sets, and I've been collecting the Rilakkuma ones.
The second Walking Dead collection was on for $15.00 which is a fantastic deal!
I also randomly felt compelled to buy ears. 
I opted for the handmade ones, rather than the slightly cheaper factory made ones.
And in case you're interested, here are my celebrity photographs. There were some celebrities that we weren't allowed to snap candids of, but I didn't find out until it was too late.

1) Chumlee, Pawn Stars
2) Hulk Hogan
3) Linda Hamilton, Terminator and Beauty and the Beast
3) Norman Reedus, Boondock Saints and the Walking Dead (ignore my stupid ears please)
4) Ron Perlman, Beauty and the Beast
5) Zachary Quinto, Heroes and Star Trek (the new movies).

So there you have it, my first Fan Expo experience. I'd definitely do it again.











1 comment:

Brittney @ True Vintage Love said...

OMG. I am sooo jealous right now!

♥, Brittney @ True Vintage Love
http://www.truevintagelove.com