Friday, August 9, 2013

A Maxi Skirt, Midi Rings and Nailpolish I love for life: Outfit Post

Hello friends!
I'm back... for today anyway.
I've been thinking and planning so many things, mostly about developing my social media Artist persona. Here's a link to the most useful article I've ever read on finding your signature style. Now I just have to get around to making the changes... I actually hate spending all the time on the computer that it often requires to get things organized and pretty. I actually just wanted to share an old outfit post and some lovely flowers pictures. I hope everyone is enjoying the summer. Southern Ontario has actually been experiencing almost perfect summer weather. (At least in my mind... somewhere around the 25 degrees Celsius mark or a little less than 80 degrees Fahrenheit).
I should call this outfit post cheapest outfit ever. That's my last maxi skirt, and I don't even remember where I got it, but I know it was cheap. The sandals are from Wal-Mart I think, so is the tank top. They had tanks on for $3.00. My bag was on sale at Forever 21. I made my necklace. I wish you could see how long my hair is in the back. All that's showing is the overgrown shorter front layer. The back is much longer.
The midi rings are from Icing... and I love them.
I also found this nailpolish that I want to rave about for a second....
As a Librarian, I basically had to stop wearing nail polish because the book tape, pages, etc etc make my nails chip basically as soon as I put the polish on. It looks horrible and I feel... not very professional, particularly when people have to see my hands a lot because I'm checking in and out books and looking things up for them. I also generally avoid very cheap nail polish, simply because it doesn't work that well.
I saw this colour wet n wild megalast I need a refresh-mint the other day though and I really loved the colour so I decided to give it a try.

Honestly, I'm in love.
The brush is thick.
It dries quickly.
It covers well. 
And best, it really does last. At the end of my shift, despite the fact the tape normally rips off chunks of the polish, not a chip! I was thrilled! In fact, it only really started to come off when I did some house cleaning with vim... which is to be expected.

So there you have it!

Happy weekend loves!







2 comments:

Dora said...

The ring is so cute!

Teddi said...

charity, your blog does look oh so pretty. i adore the cheapest outfit ever! it's seriously cute. great necklace make too. the weather there does sound fab. i'm jealous. it's dreadful hot in Texas. hooray for nail polish that doesn't chip. :)