Saturday, March 2, 2013

Art on the Streets in the form of Humans

While examining myself as an Artist lately, Street Photography has emerged as my most favourite form of photography. I'm currently building my portfolio, and I truly love wandering the streets capturing the moments that define us, while unguarded, as human beings.









I captured these moments in Toronto, Hamilton, Niagara Falls and Dunnville, and although they may not mean something to the observer, each image has a connection to my heart. There is something in the posture of the people, in their expressions, their bonding, that makes me smile and that pulls on my heart strings. On days when all I can remember is the ugly side of society, the moments I've preserved renew my faith in humanity. We are silly, loving, compassionate, friendly, thoughtful, moody, genuine, withdrawn, outgoing, so many other things... how could I not be amazed and want to preserve that? Even if I'm never a Master, I've found my Art form, and that feels pretty good.

4 comments:

Dora said...

I love how you captured the emotion in the last picture :)

Tiffany said...

Charity these photographs are amazing!! I LOVE every shot!!

Teddi said...

hooray and celebrate! it's been with you all along.

Sarah Rivera Corrice said...

I really loved these images. :)