Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Fighting for good

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

I created more goals this year than all my years combined.
I also tried to set deadlines and create ways to remind myself of my goals. A lot of the problem with goal setting seems to be, once you create the goal, you forgot the goal.

I'm not going to post them all here today, maybe over time I will gradually show you my plans, but for now... I thought I would share my 12 monthly Random Acts of Kindness goals.

I blog here for Random Acts of Kindness Dunnville. If you have a tumblr, please follow!
Also.. if you know any organizations that could use a bit of promotion or do-gooders you'd like to praise... let me know. Along with the above goals, each month I would like to feature an organization or person that is making a difference in our world a little bit of a time.
I'm sure you've all noticed that the News is very bleak. Children are dying, the economy is falling apart and many of our leaders are corrupt. It's easy to get depressed and let despair and cynicism overwhelm us.

BUT I have found that be noticing small kindnesses and giving thanks for every goodness, by performing acts of kindness ourselves... the negativity becomes less daunting and beams of sunlight peak through...

"There is good in this world and it's worth fighting for" - Sam to Frodo in Lord of the Rings

2 comments:

Teddi said...

charity this is so perfectly you! :)

Tiffany said...

Hi sweet Charity! Thanks for my awesome comment~ You are so kind. I am sorry that you have had such a hard 2012 :( I know that 2013 will have much more positive and happy things in store for you!
Happy New Year!
Love you!
~Tiffany