Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dundurn Castle and some thoughts

I was at Dundurn Castle in Hamilton yesterday.
It was pretty hot in the sun, and I'm not going to lie, I wasn't very smart about it so by the end of the day, I felt horrible and tired and like crying BUT I did enjoy my time there, just wandering around in the garden, taking photos, and sitting on a bench writing and people watching. 
Allow yourself alone time. You will break without it and will enjoy everything else less.
I think you have to do what makes you happy - don't go to school because it's something you should do, but because it leads you to a life that you find fulfilling. Find what that is - then jump in even when it's hard. Stick with your conviction.
Be impulsive, but be grounded too. Life needs both.
Create Art and Music always (if that's what you do). Hang on to those you love even when they drive you nuts because life is nothing without LOVE (and family), even if it's a family you create, not your birth family.
God is love, did you know that? - 1 John 4:16
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. 1 John 4:7

I'm not going to lie, that thrills me just a little bit. Love is heavenly. 
Happy day! <3

2 extra notes:
1) Sarah made her skirt!
2) Dundurn was built in the 1830s. The owner MacNab was one of the first premier's. The land was important during the War of 1812. The inside is refurnished as it would have been in 1855.






3 comments:

Teddi said...

i was gonna ask who that chick was. now i know it's sarah. i would so wear that skirt. they said "love is all you need," but i believe that is a lie. yes love is important, but food, water, shelter, love can't give you that. ya know?

With Love, Jamie said...

Beautiful!

Amanda Rose said...

This is beautiful. Also, great advice. I struggle to find balance sometimes.

http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com