Thursday, July 19, 2012

DIY: Friendship Bracelets.

This whole posting features for each day of the week thing is starting to bore me after only a month or so.... I already did a DIY for today, so I will post it, but after that... I'm just gonna go back to random posts whenever I feel like it... even if that means three posts in one day.
You will need a circle of thin cardboard with a hole in the center divided into eighths. Cut about half an inch down each of the eight lines. I choose four colours of embrodiery thread.
Cut 7 (not 8) lengths of thread to approximately 24 inches. Knot them together at one end.
Stick the knot through the hole in the cardboard
Flip the cardboard over and run the seven strands through each cut. Leaving one open.
Put the empty cut towards you. 
Then count to the third cut, and take the thread from there and put into the empty cut (facing you). Then count three from the new empty cut and put the thread into the number 3 spot (now empty). Keep repeating this until the bracelet starts to grow.
You will have to pull it through from time to time. I also like doing this because I can see my progress
Repeat until the bracelet is the desired length and then tie it on. I added charms this time because I had them laying around)

So that's it - an easy quick project to do while you're watching tv or in the waiting room :)
Here's a very similar post.






2 comments:

Lisa said...

thats is really cute

Amanda Rose said...

This is so simple. I've never seen them done this way before! One time, my older cousin showed me a crazy way where she wrapped it around her toe...I guess there are plenty of ways to do it! I just wanted to let you know that I chose you for The Versatile Blogger award. Check it out if you are interested.
http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com/2012/07/readers-make-my-day.html

Amanda Rose