Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Christmas in July of course

A few quick snaps from my trip to Michigan. I want to show you my finds and I haven't photographed them and also my REAL photos which I haven't even looked at... so that will come later. Until then.....
This store is really truly insane and really truly like stepping into a Christmas storybook. It's floor to ceiling Christmas stuff 365 days a year and it's the size of 2.5 football fields (just the store, not counting the shipping warehouse or the property which is covered in Christmas lights) 
I went to the Bavarian Inn restaurant and had some kind of chicken and apple sauce as I can't eat wheat and milk and EVERYTHING comes with wheat and milk. Downstairs are all these quaint little shops. One was selling gnomes and fairy gardens. I'm sorry... but even gnome haters would have been a bit impressed.
Sarah reminded me I always buy a weird or giant ring when I'm on vacation. In NYC I got a giant pink airplane, in Halifax I got a giant mermaid, this trip I bought a moustache and monocle ring. This one is my favourite so far. I found this at Rue 21 at Birch Run Outlet Mall. I haven't been to an outlet mall since I was about 9, but I was ecstatic when I found a GAP. Not only did it have my favourite perfume (I have cheap tastes apparently) but they sold my jeans for about $20.00. I have to pay $80 in Canada and the only jeans that fit me are GAP jeans... so basically I got two perfume bottles and two jeans for the price is normally costs me to buy 1 pair of jeans! Celebration here.

A perfect little Coffee House in Frankenmuth. I went here a few times because they offered drinks with soy milk. 
The town has pretty little gardens on every street. 
I'm not sure why lime green toe polish was a good idea. It actually looks BETTER in this picture than it did in real life. 
One of the "ceiling" displays at Bronner's. These cover every inch of ceiling space, not just a long the edge of the building but across the centre too. 
And back to the awesome gnome store! 
Sarah after our 4th Bronner's visit in two days. 
Did you know they made adult diapers in miniature? The downstairs of Frankenmuth's Country Store is all dollhouse stuff, including the diapers and miniature cow manure????? 
Yep, I found me a man ;) He's not so happy about this though, I don't think. 
And Sarah and I at Bronner's the 3rd time. Sarah thought she lost her wallet during the 4th visit. She discovered this at the South entrance. We ran to the very back of the store in the North-East corner to see if her wallet was there and it wasn't. She decided to call back to the hotel and she if it was there. The store doesn't have good cell reception though so we ran to the closest exit. When she found her wallet, we decided to re-group and continue shopping.... somehow we had made it all the way back to the beginning of the store, and not by backtracking either... lots of exercise this trip.

So... that's it for now, you'll be so sick of this trip by the time I'm done posting.
I hope you've all had a lovely week so far.


1 comment:

Allison Taylor said...

Christmas in August! So fun, I kind of wish it was winter right about now!