Monday, June 18, 2012

My Sentimental Heart

In addition to yesterday, I want to add that you can't let anyone or any circumstance steal your happiness from you and trust me, people (and things?????) will try, particularly it seems, the more determined you are to not let things steal your happiness. Does that make sense? Am I confusing you yet?
Here's another journal page I did, it seems to go with the theme of the last two days.
I've been listening to She & Him "Sentimental Heart" a lot lately.

Cried all night 'til there was nothin' more/What use am I as a heap on the floor?/Human devotion but it's just no good/Taking it hard just like you know I would
Old habits die hard when you got, when you got a sentimental heart.
Piece of the puzzle, you're my missing part/Oh what can you do with a sentimental heart?

Don't you love it when it feels like a song was written for you? More reasons to have a girl crush on Zooey.

On a more cheerful note..... 
Sydney Smith: “Try to make at least one person happy every day, and then in ten years you may have made three thousand, six hundred and fifty persons happy, or brightened a small town by your contribution to the fund of general enjoyment.

Sometimes the best way to find happiness is in helping other people. I'm so proud of my kids this week. One of them gave his own time (1 hour) to help an elderly lady he had never met, learn to use her ipad.
Then we took bottles of glitter I picked up at the dollar store, emptied out the glitter and wrote kind notes that we rolled and put inside the bottles. They will be left at random locations for people to find.
Even looking at the pictures makes me happy. Jake noticed a happy face showed through which we thought was funny and appropriate.
We are also going to put these around. I told the kids they could make funny ones as well. They don't have to be serious. Just making someone laugh is good with me!

Did you make it to end of this post?
I hope so. Love you all! (But you already know that ;))



4 comments:

Zia Blue said...

love the bottle idea! i want to do that with friends now :3

Zia
singing-blue.blogspot.ca

Amanda Rose said...

I love the take a smile thing. I've seen those before!

Amanda Rose
http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

Teddi said...

LOVE YOU too charity, & i LOVE this post! :) sorry about the sadness, but i know why, & it's ok. i like your drawing, & what you're teaching is like ripples of smiles in the ocean of the world.

StreetChic by Eriel said...

wow!! that's so cute and fashion!!Well done honey
IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628