Thursday, June 14, 2012

5 Languages of Love

As you may or may not know, I'm currently working on Janel's 30 Day Journal Challenge. As part of the challenge, we had to illustrate which of the 5 languages of love best defined our personal love language. I had never heard of this, so I took the quiz that Janel mentioned on her blog. If you would like to do the quiz for yourself, here's the link. I'm not going to lie, I generally take things like this lightly, and of course, even this case, I still do... but I thought I would discuss it anyway.

The 5 languages are Words of Affirmation (you like to people to say they love you or say nice things), Quality Time (pretty self explanatory), Receiving Gifts (also explanatory), Acts of Service (you understand people love you when they do stuff for you), and Physical Touch. This is the condensed version.

Anyway, here's my page.

To be honest, I didn't know what my result would be, which actually seems silly to me now. My whole life I've said "I love you" an excessive amount, I love to give people compliments, and I LOVE hearing or reading nice things said about me. I feel unloved if someone says "I love you" less than I do... and actually interpret it that they maybe don't love me at all. I'm so not into gifts and acts of service... quality time is good, but I'm lousy at it... as to physical touch, who doesn't love a hug?

If you get the chance, take the quiz. It's interesting to look back on the times someone didn't think you cared, or you thought someone else didn't care, simply because you show and receive love through a different language.

(Oh, as an aside, the highest grade you can get for any one language is 12. I got 11 for Words of Affirmation... slightly imbalanced? haha... it seems to be so)

3 comments:

Amanda Rose said...

I'm like that with needing to hear I love you to feel loved.

Amanda Rose
http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

Kevin Smith said...

Amazing! I like this post. Really lovely post.

Free Online Quiz Maker

Teddi said...

digging the drawings, charity girl. the quiz was fun. it confirmed what i already knew to be true about myself.