Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This is a good morning for a small confession

"There are a thousand thousand reasons to live this life, every one of them sufficient" - Marilynne Robinson
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead" - Louisa May Alcott
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us." - Helen Keller
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
"Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong."
William Thackeray
I suppose, that now is as good a time as any to admit the truth. I blog pretty pictures and strong quotations for myself, not my readers. I try to create a positive space for myself here, and encourage myself, through what I write. This is misleading in a way, because it creates this image that I am always cheerful and positive. I would like to be those things, but often I blame myself for things that go wrong, I struggle to feel good about myself, and I worry constantly about people leaving me... even if there are no grounds for fear. This of course, results in me pushing people away, which is a bit of a vicious cycle. 

Anyway, that's all I feel like confiding for the moment, I hope each and everyone of you finds joy in today. Love you lots! xo

(all the photos are my own)





4 comments:

Teddi said...

every photo a stunning work of light, color, & shadow. the emotions are all your own too. i always say, it's your blog, you decide what you want to show & share.

Tiffany said...

beautiful photos! love the quotes and I am so glad you find the blog a safe space to share. I feel the same way~! And even though the positive quotes are for you, they also help the rest of us! :)
Thinking of you!

Ian Afifah Sudarman. said...

Hai,visiting you:) love thoose photo. You're so talented! I should study from you :) and I love the Helen Keller qoute :*

Following you:)

Zia Blue said...

I love the photos! Thank you for being so honest, and thank you for the wonderful and inspiring quotes. Imho, as long as you're trying, that's perfect <3

Zia
singing-blue.blogspot.ca