Monday, May 21, 2012

Old and New

My bunny Winston Churchill died on May 16th. He was 8 years old, and a really sweet pet. He never bit, had little rabbit temper tantrums if he didn't get enough love, and always ran right to me.
It might seem pre-mature, and at first I swore off any new bunnies, but I really wanted a baby rabbit. I did some research and decided on another lop-earred. (They make super pets and tend to stay on the smaller side).
This is my new little fella, Nelson Mandela. One of the girls at the pet store said he was a boy and the other said he was a girl... so only time will tell for sure. I've decided he will become Nell if he proves to be a girl. 
On May 17th, the anniversary of my daddy's death, I always plant flowers on his grave. I took these pretty little flowers this year. I bought a few extras to put in pots in the house... and I still had one plant left over, so I planted it on Winston's grave in the backyard. I don't know if that's silly, but it made me feel a bit better. I also like planting flowers on dad's grave, because it says to people around "That man had people that cared a lot about him".
Here's Nelson looking a little squished. I think the sun was in his eyes.




7 comments:

Tiffany said...

What sweet little bunnies! And I think that is so wonderful that you plant something on your dad grave. You are so thoughtful and kind. I know he is so proud!

Lisa said...

aww soo cute.. i use to have bunnies when i was little! they are too cute!

Teddi said...

so sorry about your bunny charity. your dad is always with you. nelson is a adorable, & i like every single photo on this post. the end. :)

Amanda Rose said...

This is so cute! I've never had a bunny before. I'm always afraid they are going to poo on me.

Amanda Rose
http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

Eleanor said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, hon! I'm sure this new bunny will help you heal. And I think it's so great that you plant flowers on your father's grave.

Annisa mulia said...

Cute rabbit >.<
You are must be a lovely daughter :)

By the way, if you visit my blog, you'll find some pictures in rabbit jacket :D
http://annisamulia.blogspot.com/2012/04/pink-rabbit.html

xoxo

Sarah Rivera Corrice said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Winston. I'm sure his life was filled with love. :( The flowers you planted are very beautiful. Little Nelson will be a well-loved little bun.