Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My eye view of Kensington Market and Chinatown

Toronto is not like NYC. It is not as neat and clean. It's pretty dirty in spots in fact. It is also remarkably diverse. I'm not even just referring to race and religion. It's a city full of all different kinds of people. It's an amazing place to go people watching. Kensington Market where I spent the day, also has loads of vintage clothing shops. I should have snapped a few photos of the 1960s dresses I found... but I didn't.

This post is photo heavy.
 She's feeding pigeons, but they were so excited, they kinda look like they are dying.
Okay, I guess I have to split this into two posts! (Three if you count the lady hooping in the park!)
There was seriously so much to see, and I only covered a small area of the city!



5 comments:

Teddi said...

did you see the movie mary poppins? that's what i thought of when i saw the lady feeding the pigeons. you captured some great moments charity. man i so like the pair in red, musicians, colors, & graffiti on the fence posts. is toronto as noisy as nyc?

Tiffany said...

LOVE IT! Love every single shot! I went there once in 1998 I think, just for a weekend. Your photos capture it so very well!

Lisa said...

such lovley photos!

Loulou said...

Excellent pictures! You have a great eye. I love the market.

loulou

Zia Blue said...

Toronto love <3 It's my favourite Canadian city. (Well, out of the ones I've visited...)

Zia
singing-blue.blogspot.ca