Saturday, May 19, 2012

Halifax

My best friend Josee has a beautiful, beautiful 8 month old baby. She doesn't live anywhere near me though, so I didn't get to meet him, until last week. I travelled to the East Coast of Canada to see them. I don't have pictures of baby or Josee, in part because they were both sick.... but I also visited the nearby city of Halifax. Here's a few glimpses of Nova Scotia.
 Something else I will mention, Nova Scotia had really great souvenirs. I know that sounds silly, but it was actually hard to pick. I will have to post my finds later. Also, and more importantly, Halifax is really big on promoting local Folk Art. As a result, gift shops sold really amazing jewellery from brilliant Artists from the East Coast. Near Pier 21 (the big immigration Museum, because Pier 21 is where many of the Ships docked after bring people across the ocean) there are little shops featuring the work of Arts and Crafts students from the area. The campus is also in this neighbourhood. It's a really fascinating cultural experience. 


3 comments:

Teddi said...

spectacular photos charity! so thrilled you had such an adventure. :)

Tiffany said...

Wow! It looks like an amazing place! Your photos make me want to hop on a plane and go there right now! So beautiful!

Lisa said...

wow thats looks pretty amazing!