Thursday, May 31, 2012

Entrance into the Art World

All of this is a little old.... from during my blog vacation.
But I thought a share my steps into the Art world.... I realize I'm nowhere near being fully a member, but it's fun to play around.
At my first Art Show - which was actually a Photography Show, and was actually not my first one, but this one was packed and a big deal. Our college featured two pieces of work from each student. Oddly I don't have a picture of my work on the wall. I brought a disposable camera and marked it "Please return to Charity at the end of the night" - then I processed the film and had a bunch of fun, random, unexpected photos. 
Another disposable camera picture.... Sarah standing with her work. It is very apparent however, why disposable cameras don't get used that much.
I will also mention I brought moustaches. Oddly, they were a hit. People kept commenting on them even despite the formal attire of the evening.
I purchased my own domain! alovelylittleworld.com and started my Photography Webpage. I haven't done much to it besides setting it up, but feel free to check it out and leave me feedback!
I did my first painting, and discovered I mostly just like blobbing paint everywhere on the canvas. I get a ridiculous amount of pleasure from pouring the paint directly on the board and then smearing it everywhere.
When I was little, I loved cross-stitch but I haven't done it in years. This one is far from perfect in part because I bought way, way too small of a grid but I enjoyed doing it.
And I started a vintage camera collection. I was putting it off - waiting until a few things came together for me in the future - but then I thought, why wait? the future is now!

So that's it. :)



3 comments:

Teddi said...

ooo your peacock earrings. you cross stitched the big bang thing. reminds me of my christmas wish list for you. oh, & i really like your painting! :) gonna check out your domain right freaking now.

Tiffany said...

Very fun! and I checked out the website! It looks awesome!
LOVE the painting you did too! Very cool!
and YES, life is too short! No need to wait!

Emmett Katherine said...

Disposable camera pics are so fun, you never know what you're going to get until you develop the film! Also, I'd say it's safe to call yourself an artist :)