Saturday, March 3, 2012

Being a tourist/photographer

So I fell in love with NYC, join the club, right? I didn't have to take the subway at all, since we had a tour bus, so maybe that's the key. Although, we literally walked everywhere for 2 and a half days. By the last night, I could barely walk. If we stood still, I had to lean on the outside of my feet. Contrary to all the advice I received, I did NOT bring proper shoes. NOT SMART. I'm probably going to be posting about it for the next few days. There were so many things I loved, including my souvenirs.... but I haven't finished editting, so here are a few glimpses of the first day.
I just loved that people would be sitting out on the street at 11pm on a Monday night chatting and drinking coffee. There were police officers everywhere, just chillin' and watching over the streets. They saw us taking photos so made friendly conversation and offered to pose with us. It was so fun. I am also majorly impressed by how clean the city is. There are so many civil servants with brooms. Also, one afternoon we cut through an alley and there were teenage boys calling us over.... we ignored them, but right after, I overheard an auxiliary police woman/security person reporting the boys in the alley. I don't know if it had anything to do with us, but I was impressed by how quickly they were called out.

More photos later!
xo

Oh, the top two photos are at Top of the Rock. The bottom is Time's Square. Our hotel was in the theatre district.... two blocks from Time's Square and one block from Birdland, the famous jazz club (we didn't go).

4 comments:

Lisa said...

love nyc!great photos!

Courtney said...

Awww-you SHOULD have taken the subway! They are great (much better and cleaner than here in Chicago!) I like New York too but once I went to LA...California wins!
Looks like you had an amazing trip! Can't wait to see the rest of the photographs.

Teddi said...

i'm so glad you liked it charity dear. your photos are gorgeous. can't wait to see the rest. :)

Tiffany said...

Love the photos!!
Looks like an amazing trip~
Looking forward to seeing more pics!