Monday, January 23, 2012

The Quotation for the week and Fruit

We had to shoot fruit in studio last week. I hated it. I'm horrible at it. BAH! All my highlights are wrong and the glisterine made SUCH a mess. Oh well!
I was suppose to be able to crop his hand out, but the stems are kinda too short for that to work!
This might be okay, only the theme was freshness. They just look like cherries, nothing particularly fresh about them.

This cherry is deformed and badly exposed
And then I played with a mirror, and that was fun
Anyway, the next day I tried window light
Window light is definitely not the assignment though....
Other things from the week
"
New shoes! I thought I had more images, but apparently I was too consumed by fruit or took them on my iphone and I haven't uploaded those yet.
Finally, the quotation for the week was "I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles" - Christopher Reeve. 
I didn't really manage to photograph that this week, but here's what I did.
An old photo of Jennah

The quote this week came from the blog littlemoonlover.blogspot.com 

"Cada quien carga su propia cruz" - It's Spanish for "Everyone Carries Their Own Cross" and is apparently a common expression in Mexico, making reference to Jesus carrying His own cross and the fact that each of us has our own burdens to bear. 

Happy Monday loves! xoxo



4 comments:

With Love, Jamie said...

I think your fruit looks really yummy! Your shots look great to me!! :)

alovelylittleworld said...

Awww Jamie! Thanks. You're so sweet.

Natalie said...

Such beautiful pictures! I want to eat some cherries now! Your website inspires! Natalie@http://bridgetsdaughter5.blogspot.com

Teddi said...

do you feel like you are growing as a photographer, & learning new things? are you glad you decided to do this?