Sunday, January 22, 2012

Paying it Forward

Cute idea right?

But that's not the whole story. This woman did 38 random acts of kindness on her 38th birthday. I actually cried a bit reading the post. I wish I had thought to do something that inspiring for my birthday today. Instead, I sat home and watched Batman (which by the way, I am not complaining about)... I also got a birthday tweet from... JOHN CUSACK! (See me faint here).

Okay, I'm not talking about me yet... that's for my next post. If you'd like to know more about Robyn's journey, please read her post here. At the bottom of the post are all kinds of comments from her readers about the kind acts they did for people as a result of Robyn's birthday present to her community. 

I'm always glad to know that kindness does matter to people. Sometimes it's easy to believe that the world is a dark, cold place. I guess because the media presents such a grim picture. There is goodness in the world! And we can share it around.


"In the end, only kindness matters" - Jewel 

No comments: