Monday, January 30, 2012

Crafty/Booky Weekend


I had started so many craft projects and spent so much time on the computer editting photos and blogging, that I decided this weekend to just relax, skip homework for a day and spend time crafting and reading. This post is about what I accomplished.
Picture 1) All 7 books I received or bought with gift cards for my birthday. 
Picture 2) I messed it up, but I made this little camera after I saw Elycia's here. I'm not great at sewing as you can see. I need to practice and then make a new colourful camera.
Picture 3) I have a photo inspiration journal that needed decorating, so I matched it to my new felted camera. I am soooo obsessed with cute cameras lately (very late on the bandwagon)
Picture 4) I decided to paint an ancient frame teal and the canvas for an Art piece I'm working on. This is the first coat.
Picture 5) The finished frame. Here it looks wildly crooked but it's not actually, although I do need to tighten up the corners.
Next 3 pictures) Earrings and necklace I made! I love them is that conceited? I made other jewellry as well, but either I haven't photographed it or it's for one of the swaps/pay it forward projects I have coming up. I was so freaking productive. I'm so pleased!
Last picture) Quotation for last week was "cada quien carga su propia cruz" or "everyone carries their own cross"

This week's quotation is one of my favourites and it's not inspirational in that it will not motivate you to do great things, but it inspires me because of it's beauty.

"In a certain faraway land the cold is so intense that words freeze as soon as they are uttered, and after some time then thaw and become audible so that words spoken in winter go unheard until the next summer." - Plutarch, Moralia





2 comments:

hannaH said...

I love that necklace! What did you make it out of?

-hannaH
heyzombot.blogspot.com

Teddi said...

you got a lot done missy!