Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Guest Blogger: Kellie's Gingerbread House!

Hello everyone! I know you all know Kellie, she's today's guest blogger. Of all the bloggers, I've probably been friends with Kellie close to the longest. She's one of the sweetest girls I've met in blog world, and I count her as one of my "real" friends even though we've never met. Here's her post just for you!


Hi "A Lovely Little World" readers!! I have to say, I'm really excited to be writing this post, because it involves two of my favorites: Christmas and Charity.

This year I decided to make an advent calendar unlike any other kind I'd seen. Maybe it was a little ambitious, but my boyfriend, roommate, and I have all enjoyed the little holiday tasks it comes with. I documented a few of the first days, but not all of them. However, this particular Christmas activity I wanted to share here. So here's our advent day 18:


"Build a gingerbread house".

To most this may not seem all that awesome, but since neither Steven nor I had ever made one before, we both were excited (and maybe, just maybe a little overwhelmed too).

Of course, if you are an instagram friend of mine (ps my name is kelzify-add me!) or have read my blog lately, then you might have already seen some sneeks of this project....but I saved the whole enchilada for this post!

We used a pre-made kit with frosting (and I bought some green frosting -can- that held up much better), gingerbread pieces already cut, candy dots, nerds-like-candy, and jelly candy. Then we also added chocolate chips, haystack (for the door) that my aunt made me, m&ms, and an umbrella (usually made for drinks). Hey- it gave it some Florida flair!

What do you use on your gingerbread houses??
Have you made one yet this year?

Thanks for having me Charity. And don't forget to check out my blog!
xoxo

2 comments:

Teddi said...

i've made a gingerbread house. i made a graham cracker house, when i was little though.

Tiffany said...

Super fun~ Love the advent calendar! Such a great way to remember to do all of your favorite holiday traditions! :)