Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas DIY with Jamie from With Love, Jamie

Today is the first day of December, and the first day for my Christmas guest blogger series! I am so excited that these lovely bloggers have agreed to write posts for my blog.

So first! Is one of my favourite bloggers EVER, Jamie <3




Hello A Lovely Little World readers!

My name is Jamie and I blog over at With Love, Jamie. I am super excited to be here doing a guest post for Charity! When she asked me to do a holiday DIY, I knew I just had to do something with buttons! I LOVE buttons. So I took a little trip to my favorite craft store and stocked up on some supplies & got creative making some sweet button ornaments to share with all of you!

Here are the supplies you will need to make these ornaments:

-Acrylic paints in any colors you like, I chose pink & a bright green-I just love these colors at Christmas time!
-Wood shapes, wood ornaments, clear plastic ornaments balls or anything else you would like to paint/cover with buttons-go ahead and get creative here! :) I chose a letter O to use for my wreath, a wood snowflake ornament & a clear plastic ornament ball.
-Paint brush
-Yarn and/or ribbon
-BUTTONS! :D
-Hot glue gun

Once you have all your supplies together, go ahead and paint your shapes:


Let your paint dry completely, then using your hot glue gun, get creative gluing your buttons onto your shapes however you would like!

Once glue has dried and cooled, attach ribbon or yarn, either by tying it on to your ornament or gluing it onto the back, depending on your item you are using:

And there you go, your button ornaments are all done & ready to use or give as handmade gifts! Easy, fun & super cute!

Happy holidays & happy crafting!

xo, Jamie

6 comments:

Teddi said...

those are very cute jamie girl!

Amylou said...

I'm in love with the snowflake! You are so talented Ms. Jamie!

deanna@delirious-rhapsody said...

these are so cute! jamie is awesome!

With Love, Jamie said...

THANK YOU!! :)

A Splash of Ida said...

these are such pretty button ornaments!!! i love it. :-)

xoxo
ida

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

too stinking cute!!! i have to try and make these with my students!!!
-kel