Sunday, September 4, 2011

Niagara-on-the-Lake for the end of summer

Niagara-on-the-Lake is this super quaint (expensive) community right on Lake Ontario. It was central in the Battle of 1812, so it's loaded with history. We walked around for the day on Saturday even though it was unbelievably hot. I didn't buy very much, but I enjoyed photographing the town. We stopped in at one of those 10000 Villages Fair Trade stores. Aren't these the neatest bowls?
All those spirals are made from newspaper. They look so gorgeous. I didn't buy the bowls because I didn't have use for them. I also loved this wall hanging.
I did buy a few bracelets, this picture frame, and a peace button!
My cousin also posted some pictures of our trip here
Including this really goofy one of me!

1 comment:

Teddi said...

i like all the variety in style & color of these fantastic photos! i wear my paper bead bracelets all the time! in fact, i wish i had more, but we know i don't need anymore bracelets, do i?