Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm afraid of train bridges

My friend dragged me geocaching the other day. He didn't have to twist my arm too badly though because there was a promise of canoeing and hiking and the weather was beautiful!
The little yellow fleck in the background, is the portage sign. The geocache was hidden up the trail about 300m (so he said).
Now, I don't have a picture because I didn't think of it, but I HATE old railway bridges, the kind you can see through the slats to the rushing water below. I am not afraid of heights, I use to jump off any height I could (usually just sheds) when I was a kid. For some reason, I CANNOT cross railway bridges. I know in theory, I can't fall through the holes but it doesn't matter. I inch along painfully slow when I need to cross them (other than the time my cousin & I came across a bear, that time I ran.)

The point being, the geocache was hidden on the far side of a railway bridge, underneath the bridge. Sigh. I made it across the bridge, he went underneath and retrieved it. (I couldn't go down, it was steep and I was only wearing flipflops...evidence of how well-informed I was, haha or perhaps how well I listen)

But success!
Yes, I'm still wearing my lifejacket. I have no idea why.
We did all the geocache stuff... and headed back.
I got a wee bit stuck in the mud.

I definitely am whining in this post, but the reality is, it was pretty fun.
Happy Thursday loves xo

3 comments:

Katie said...

silly mud!

http://breatheandhush.blogspot.com/

Teddi said...

here's to amazing adventures!

Ngaio May said...

Fun!! Lucky to find one! My friend and I went out to Geocache' but we didn't have a GPS and were just going off the clues and it was so difficult!! Sadly we didn't find any... But we did have a super fun day of adventuring!