Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hiking trip

While we were away camping, we visited Eau Claire Gorge. There is an absolutely beautiful hiking trail to the gorge. I think it takes about 1.5 hours there and back. A few places are steep or muddy but generally it's a fairly easy path to follow.
This was one of the steepest parts of the trail. As you can see, someone kindly put steps for the less avid hikers.
This is the gorge itself. Unfortunately I angled the photo to get more of the scenery in so it's a bit confusing.
Just before the end of the trail, they have preserved this little rustic cottage. Inside is a table and bunk. I love the roof. Every inch of it is covered in moss. I meant to photograph it, but it's a bit high so it doesn't look like much. Next time, I will have to climb up, haha. (probably not)

3 comments:

Katie said...

i really want to take a hike right now!

http://breatheandhush.blogspot.com/

Courtney said...

That looks super fun. I haven't really been hiking (and I have NEVER been camping!). I love your photos too.

Teddi said...

lovely nature photographs!

http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/