Friday, August 26, 2011

The day I nearly died of biking

I am definitely not in shape, in fact, I don't even particularly desire to exercise. I do however enjoy biking, hiking and rollerblading. Just because I like it. The other day, a friend and I who've been biking about twice a week, but not far, decided to take on the Bayfront Bike trails in Hamilton, Ontario. As you can see, this trail is absolutely gorgeous.
So anyway, we biked about 16kms and then I wanted to die.
I have loved the Skyway bridge since I was little and my dad use to tell us to raise our arms over our heads when we crossed so we could pretend it was a rollercoaster.
I've never seen it from the water level though, so I really enjoyed it. (This was before the trip home btw. I wasn't entirely exhausted yet.)
The Skyway in the background. The lift bridge in the foreground.
Look at those clouds!
As you can tell, I survived. Note: Take tons of water when you decide to bike further than you've biked since you were 8.

Love you all!



6 comments:

sgwillsphotography said...

oh boy! nic photos!

Ngaio May said...

What a cool trip! I love cycling! And those cloud photos are fab! :)

Teddi said...

ha-ha-ha-ha! what a scenic treat. somebody looks very cute in their pigtails, striped outfit, & hat.

Ames and Tash said...

These are really lovely images :)

Lisa said...

very cool pictures.. looks like lots of fun!

Katie said...

looks like you had fun! :)

email me and I'll send you my address.... :)

breatheandhush(at)yahoo(dot)com