Thursday, July 21, 2011

I heart home decor

My whole entire life (at least as long as I can remember) I have loved home decorating. When I was 5, my decorating tastes primarily centred around Rainbow Bright and ballet. By 8, my parents would come upstairs to discover I had moved all my furniture around. I tried to sew myself a couch. In Middle School, I cut out pictures from Victoria magazine and asked for throw pillows for Christmas. I will not continue to elaborate since I'm sure you get the picture. To this day, I'm not sure why I didn't pursue that as a career path. Well I do know actually. In Grade 9, I swore off Art. My parents had a particularly nasty divorce a few years before, and I decided to have nothing to do with my mother. She had been a bit of an artist and I associated any Art skills I had with her and so wanted nothing to do with it.


Looking back, this was a pretty weird decision, but that's not really the point. It's only been in the last number of years that I've actually regretted cutting off my love of creating and artistic things. I never lost my love of interior decorating however, and I have the stacks of magazines to prove it. I have never bought an issue of Vogue or Elle or anything like that... instead I collect House & Home, haha.

This post wasn't suppose to be long or deep, but apparently it got away on me. The point is, I hope to devote one post a week to home decorating. It's what I love. I may as well. Eventually, I'd like to post an interior and then post links where you can find items to recreate the look. I'm not that talented just yet, so I'm just going to post what things that I enjoy looking at.

Here we go!
Available here
Available here
Available here
Available here


2 comments:

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

I have always been into Home and Garden more than Vogue... beautiful photos - hope you keep going on the home decorating dreams :)

Teddi said...

i adore the 1st pic, the paper umbrellas remind me of the colored paper lanterns/lights in my art/music room. the bedspread is like the stool in my living room. & the sheets resemble either my living room or art/music room wall(s) depending on light. we're the opposite. for me, it's all about the fashion mags. & nay on the home interior ones.