Sunday, June 26, 2011

Brave New Me

Here is a horrible truth about myself. I never, ever wear shorts or show my bare legs. In fact, before today, I never even wore leggings other than underneath my pants to keep me warm. I hate my legs. They are white and freckled and disproportionately large for my small body.

The thing is, I bought this cute pink dress that I really loved and no matter what pants or jeans I wore with it, nothing looked even passably good. So... I succumbed to leggings. And here are the results....
Baha, so here they are, my legs, no just kidding, pictures of my dress. I bought it to wear when my students graduated but then couldn't find any leggings to go with it. I wore a horrible black dress instead which was a mistake. I had no idea every kid in the 8th grade wanted pictures with their teachers!!!!! Total vampire! Oh well.
I have a few other things I want to post but I will save that for tomorrow. Thanks for reading. It means the world to me. xo

Dress: H&M
Sweater and tights: Wal-mart
Earrings: H&M
Shoes: American Eagle
Nail polish: Sally Hansen Uptempo Plum

5 comments:

With Love, Jamie said...

First of all, you are gorgeous!! And this outfit is adorable! :)
And, I totally understand the leg thing...I don't like mine AT ALL either, I also feel that they are too big for my body. BUT I have been trying new things, like capris and longer skirts, but I will be trying leggings soon too! ;)

Chrissygirl39 said...

your outfit is soooo cute, i was just telling my daughter about your post, she has severe psoriasis and NEVER lets anyone see her legs. she has horrible scars and sometimes she has really bad flare ups and the doctors tell her it would clear up if she got some sun, but she is to embarassed to go out in public because of how people act to others who have psoriasis. be thankful that you have beautiful fair, skin and beautiful freckles because sweetheart it can ALWAYS be worse. you are a beautiful girl hold your head high and be proud of who you are!!!

Courtney said...

I know that it is hard to get over hang ups about our bodies and that most of the time no matter what anyone says you will still think that but I think you look great and that dress looks amazing on you!
I totally feel the same way about my arms-I pretty much never wear tank tops (certainly not out of the house!)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

ooh...that's a cute outfit and i love how you took the pictures! beautiful:-)

sunlite705 (Sue S.) said...

your outfit is so bloomin adorable! and you wear it well! I haven't worn shorts outside of our home in over 4-5 yrs in fact I don't even own any shorts except for the cheap ones I bought to sleep in that I only wear around the house. My husband and daughter think I am nuts always wearing jeans in the summer over 100 degrees w/humidity in Louisiana.

this summer I am going outside my box and buying some shorts not sure how this is gonna feel or look.

there is a cool website that has all diff kinds of diff styles and pattern leggings I will try and find it and post the link up here.

Luv luv your dress!!!