Sunday, January 16, 2011

Spritzdekor

I was reading Martha Stewart Living (May 2010) and there is a great article on Spritzdekor Diningware. I had never heard of it, but now I'm in love with it. Particularly because it's from the era in between the wars and was inspired by the Art Deco movement. These dishes were mass-produced and sold cheaply and were essentially spray painted (which is where the name originated). I had a difficult time finding images as catchy as those in the magazine... but here is a sampling.






The link to the official site is here, but be warned, it's all in German. You can however, look at the pretty pictures :)
xo

2 comments:

Jamie said...

These are beautiful!! I have never heard of Spritzdekor either, thank you so much for posting about it!!

kymberley said...

So unique, it was nice to read something different today :)