Monday, November 15, 2010

All About Me Fail


Me and my car. I love my car. I commute to work, so I spend tons of time in it. This is the extent of the ABOUT ME post for the time being.
____________________________________________________________________________________

I've been meaning to do a post just about me, since I've never done one, and sometimes it's fun to "define" yourself through your own eyes, right?

The problem is, I'm too tired to define myself and look up the corresponding images.... so instead I'm posting about two things I love.

Twinkle Lights and Dreaming

I keep twinkle lights up all year long. I love the atmosphere they create, and I love how dreamy they feel.
They're just so pretty. It crossed my mind that perhaps I'm too old to love them. They usually feature in teenage bedrooms in movies (Bella in Twilight for example), but I came to the conclusion, I really don't care.





Above images from weheartit.com


Above images from vi.sualize.us



I also love dreaming, in the night or day.
I love dreaming about the world as a better place, a more loving place.
I love dreaming about my future.
I also have incredibly vivid night time dreams. I often write them into short stories (and have since High School). The downside to this is, I also have vivid nightmare, frequently about an apocalypse, (admittedly usually the nightmares make for better writing). I've been chased by the mafia in dreams, killed by vampire slayers (even though I wasn't a vampire), I've fallen and hit the ground - I broke my leg, I've been a shape shifter, although I didn't realize it at first, and all the people I ran into saw me as someone different. I tried to not analyze that dream too deeply, yikes.
Anyway, to dreaming...









Images from you know where

It felt good to write/image-ify this post. If you made it to the end, thank-you for reading. Lots of love xoxox

5 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

I love this post! You're never too old for twinkle lights. Every single one of those pictures is amazing.

This post is a total win. :)

With Love, Jamie said...

Oh I love sparkly lights... :)

Laurie Anne said...

Loved this post...led me to a daydreamy state of mind. Totally NOT a 'Fail' :)

Teddi said...

awww sigh!

Ruth said...

gorgeous post. twinkly lights and dreaming of the world as a better place... ahhh. definite win!