Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanksgiving and Meerkats

I am thankful but not always as thankful as I should be.
As Thanksgiving has arrived, I've been reminded of two things.


1) Hard times, when approached properly, make us stronger, better people.
2) There are people who have it much worse than I

So with this in mind, I am grateful for hard times and good times because they build my faith and character in Christ and help me to be the person I am destined to be. Difficult times and easy times develop my relationship with God. I am thankful for God's love and grace through it all.

I am thankful for my family, for all the times they sat with me while I cried and rejoiced with me when I soared. I am thankful for the beauty that is all around me

Oops, how did this get in here? heheh


 if I just take the time to observe it. I am thankful for my friends -far and near - because they all leave a mark on my life, and every kind word makes me feel important. I am thankful for life and LOVE!




Images from vi.sualize.us


As an aside, I'm also thankful for meerkats. Once I was playing charades with a group of kids. The kids had to pick an animal to act out, I'm not sure who was acting, or what animal they were suppose to be but suddenly one of the little girls blurted out "A DEAD MEERKAT ON A POLE!?" Etsy has some great meerkats!
Meerkat sleep eye mask from Squirrellicious

Meerkat portrait from Berkley Illustration


A teenage emo meerkat and Mary, Joseph and Jesus Meerkats from Nifty Knits
Even a meerkat necklace from Gee Lizzie



Heck with kitschy deer and owls, I'm gonna collect meerkats! (And robots of course).... and maybe skunks.

To end this very long post, here's a thought, just for you!

xoxoxoxoxo

5 comments:

Ruth said...

grace is quite possibly the coolest thing in the world :)

and meerkats are a bit like squirrels which makes them pretty darn cool as well!

cuppy said...

You are super special to ME & I adore you.

I hope things are OK (or at least starting to turn around).

Sending you so so much love ♥

xoxoxo

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

super cute images...loved them all :)

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

i love you and i love this list!!!
-kel

Purple Froggie Clay Stuff said...

Love the photos... specially the one of Robert Pattinson...hehe

Happy Thanksgiving. I know I already told you in email.. but I wanted to say it here too!

Cindy