Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"I'm the Hero of the Story"


Okay... so I know I'm a nerd, but does anyone out there NOT love superheroes?



Above images found at weheartit.com

And isn't this print from AshleyG on etsy perfect?

At this point, in my blog planning and inspired by Ashley, I thought "And every girl is a superhero sometimes" too. So... here's where I go feminist haha.
I love GIRL POWER!!!! Seriously. I will tolerate a lot of horrible movies just to see a girl kick butt for once. That being said, the following are not necessarily horrible movies, just great female superheroes!

 Big Bang Theory - funny, but okay fails to qualify

Aliens

 Lara Croft in Tomb Raider

 Avatar


Sarah Connor in Terminator

And my personal favourite, because she's still so feminine while she saves the day Eowyn in Lord of the Rings. The scene where she reveals she's a woman, amazing girl power moment, haha.


If I could be any superhero, Robin Hood is first, but she's a close second for sure.
I also found this interesting article, about girl superheroes. I haven't read it in it's entirety yet, but if I link it here at least I can find it again.



And hilarious! A family set of capes by Pip and Bean!

Final Girl Power Thoughts from our Favourite Female Rock Stars
"The truth never set me free, so I did it myself" -Paramore
"I'm the hero of the story, don't need to be saved" - Regina Spektor

Good night loves!


9 comments:

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

that first photo is totally adorable! i wanna be a superhero! and i want a headband like the one above!!!! cuteness.
-kel

Ruth said...

confession: i have never read lord of the rings and i watched all three films in one day last year. it was so intense i have now forgotten most of it. must revisit!!

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

Loved everything in this post :)

kawaiiktsch said...

For Halloween, I decided that all I wanted to do was dress up as a kick ass female. I picked Riply in Alien. <3

Becky Farley said...

I want those sneakers!!! Are they real????

Rachele from The Nearsighted Owl said...

What an awesome idea for a post...superheroes!

Ayeisha said...

Wow at those Nikes!

PS. I have a 'POW' headband from Janine Basil. I love it.

Ayeisha
x

gouldaismoi said...

You'd be happy to hear although I probably told you already that I have a few superhero-related toys - a 1960s/early 70s Batmobile, an Ectomobile from Ghostbusters 2 and three authentic micromachines brand micromachines Back to the Future 2 cars (delorean, taxi and cop car)

Little Miss Curious said...

I do love superheroes! :D That's really cool stuff...

Little Miss Curious
somewhereinmydream.blogspot.com