Friday, October 22, 2010

Real Life Women Superheroes - Lucille Ball

Lucille Ball is best known for her role in the tv series, "I Love Lucy" (As if  you didn't know that!) BUT, not only was she the star of the show, she was pivotal in its creation. Furthermore, she was the first woman in television to be head of a production company. She met and eloped with her husband in 1940, but her first child wasn't born until 1951 when she was nearly 40 years old! (Eeks!)
I'm sure you are familiar with her many accomplishments, so I won't list any more or you can read about them on wikipedia (although I use to forbid my students from using it for research, haha).



"I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done."


"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world."




 

And my personal favourite:

"Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead".

Some Lucille Ball related etsy finds, a treasury here 





And this dress isn't inspired by Lucille Ball, but I LOVE it!



Happy weekend loves! xo



4 comments:

Kym said...

I love Lucille Ball's quotes and I've always had a soft spot for redheads.

Paislea Elyse said...

thanks for following my blog!

allister bee

Ioana Liliana Gheorghe said...

AH love Lucille Ball, redheads are great hihi!

xx
Fashezine

Jamie said...

I absolutely love Lucille Ball, I am so happy to see someone else does too!!
She was a pioneer and oh so beautiful!