Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Garland Swap Details!


The Great Garland Swap is officially on! Woo hoo!
I'm not placing any conditions on what you make. Go with the garland flow. Although obviously, it has to in some resemble something that can be hung from a tree or wall. I posted some garland-y images here:
http://alovelylittleworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/swap.html if you'd like some inspiration. Paper chains, fabric, pompoms, long, short, buntings, however you visualize a garland make it up! I am going to put people into groups of 5 to 7 just because of the time restraints and the fact that garlands can be quite time consuming to make (not to mention that materials required) so at the most, you will have to make 7 garlands. (If you'd like to do more, and conversely receive more, let me know and I will see what I can do).

Please post a comment with your email address so that I can email you my home address, or email me at alovelylittleworld@yahoo.com PLEASE SIGN UP BEFORE OCTOBER 9th! If you already contacted me with your email address, you won't need to again.


I'm thinking people would perhaps like these before Christmas, although garlands DO NOT need to be Christmas themed. So please try to have the garlands to me sometime in the last week of November. That way I can get them mailed out to you by the first week of December. Cutting it close for decorating, I know!
Please send me $6.00 for shipping and try to pack you items as light and small as possible. I don't want this to be an overly expensive endeavour, just a fun one! Also, I am in Canada, so you may need to take that into account when considering shipping times.

Even just googling "garlands diy" sooooo many cute things come up!




Happy garland making! I'm looking forward to your creations. Feel free to email me/post any questions. I will get back to you asap. Oh, and feel free to re-post this. xoxoxo

5 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

All the garlands you've shown are so beautiful! I wish I could play too but I have too many projects on my list to tackle another one right now. Have fun and I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of finished garlands! Have a wonderful rest of the week.
Holly

Vannyyy said...

All of these are adorable!!<3

felix and lily said...

Im very much looking forward to this swap :D

- Krystal xo

kimi said...

how fun!! I am totally interested!
kimikimkim@gmail.com

Jamie said...

OMG I want to see all the garlands that are made, these ones are sooo adorable! I want to make some of my own, I wish I saw this before the deadline!