Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Yesterday was a pretty darn good day.
I got tons accomplished and the day ended with an email from Kellie at getthewordsout and it was sweet and helpful and just what I needed :) If you read this, thanks Kellie.
I ran some errands in town and got some fun stickers, yarn and embrodiery floss.

For the first time in my teaching career, I'm interviewing for a job that actually seems like a good fit for me. I've had interviews in the past where I almost dreaded the thought of having the job and tried mentally to make the best of it, but this... the more I read, the more it makes me happy. It's a school librarian job actually, and I do love libraries!!! I don't know what this school library is like, but the real push in Ontario right now is to make school libraries "well organized, very comfortable, and inviting" to help teach a love of reading. That makes me happy. That's like... my life philosophy, sorta. It's so nice to go into an interview with a vision.
Wow, I totally didn't mean to go there, haha. I didn't even really realize I was excited.
So after sticker shopping with the kinder bunny, I came home to HST, which delighted me, because I didn't know it was coming. HST, for people outside Ontario, is the new tax phenomena in the province, which I won't get into here. I also got a very pretty letter from Germany from my new penpal. She decorates her own envelopes, look how gorgeous this thing is.




In the evening, I went for a drive with some friends. We stopped at Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut and libraries are probably tied for greatness in my world. Mmmmmm Pizza!

After that, it was on to Chapters. I was so proud of myself because for once I wasn't even inclined to buy anything. There were books I wanted but I thought... no I can get them from the library or cheaper online. Yay me!

I heart books!
From weheartit.com




4 comments:

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

love this, makes me want to get together a pretty little bookshelf!

Jess said...

I love those bookshelf pics! I'm definitely going to have a library in my future house! :)

Ruth said...

those rainbow bookshelves are dreamy! good luck for the interview :)

ashleyrwatts said...

Hope you get the job - libraries definitely need more people with that same philosophy! :)

And while I'm not a big pizza-eater, I do understand the excitement :P Looks like a great day!

xo! Ash