Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Heroes

1:26pm



I skipped Day 8. Here is Day 9 of the 30 Days of Truth.
Day 9. Someone you didn’t want to let go but drifted away. While I was working on my Master’s, my best friend was this quirky Irish guy. We laughed so much and I felt so good hanging out with him. Thinking about not having in my life forever was not a happy thought. We stayed in touch for a while after that year, talking a lot on msn, but eventually we just drifted apart. We talk here or there. I’ve seen him once. It’s funny how we forge relationships with people, and they can be so significant, but you may only know them briefly. I actually credit him with getting me back into jewelry making. He asked me once randomly if I made my own jewelry, and I always had but had gotten away from it, I started again then and remembered how much I loved it. He also inspired two one of my best short stories, actually two. I sound like I was in love with him, maybe I was. He also contributed to my Pink Floyd obsession. Shine on you Crazy Diamond.

David Bowie's Heroes... another of our songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYjBQKIOb-w

1 comment:

Jessica B said...

Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog. Yours is very fun. I should come back more often. Love Pink Floyd as well. :)