Monday, May 17, 2010

In remembrance of Dad

8:36pm
Scripture of the day: The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peaceloving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:17-18

Song of the day: Tears in Heaven

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven.

Today is the day my daddy passed away 11 years ago. I still feel the hole in my heart where he should be. I went to the cemetery yesterday. My brothers were there though, so I left so they could grieve without me. My mom was there too and I didn't want to see her. Families are messy business sometimes. Anyway, "It is well" was played at my dad's funeral. A few years ago, I heard it when I was missing him and it comforted me, because I felt like God was saying "I remember your pain". Then, last night, we had a special service at the Church and I thought about requesting that song (as a tribute to dad) but I didn't, and then, the Minister sang it spontaneously during her sermon. I cried. I cried because I felt like God was saying, "I love you" :D

Etsy find of the day: Here is a bag I love from retrofied.

No comments: