Saturday, May 15, 2010

Flash, frying pan, freaky videos, oh my!

3:30pm

I tried my new camera flash and what a difference. Before taking photos in banquet halls and churches the photos always had a blue tint even when I adjusted the iso and white balance. Last night with the Nikon Speedlight 600, correct colour! Hurray! And then I got to use it again in my photography course for outside photos, and I was really happy with the full vibrant colours, despite the difficult lighting conditions.

The actually posing component itself was less successful. I'm so awkward in situations were I have to vocalize what I want. I didn't want to get in the way of other photographs, and I HATE people watching me. We are talking severe performance anxiety. It is TERRRIBLE!!!!! My goal for next time is just to be confident. I mean that really is the reason I took the course. I get so anxious about directing my models. Blah... Sarah doesn't have that problem at all.

Bible Scripture for the day: If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone - Romans 12: 18
Hmmmmm, it would be nice if the world listened to this one!

Song of the day: I got a girl - Tripping Daisy
This video is kinda creepy, but I love the song. It reminds me of someone.

Etsy find of the day: From bunnylogic



I have to make a scrap book of wedding poses for my course, and I could just have used a binder even but I wanted something better (just because I'm like that). All I could find was a yellow cat scrapbook with cartoon cats all over it labelled "smart cat, fat cat, etc". Urghhh! It was only $4.99 so I bought it and I'm covering it with fabric from an old skirt. We shall see how that turns out.

I like this photo:

No comments: