Tuesday, May 11, 2010

7:11am Write to Give

7:11am
Not working again. It's a bit disheartening which makes it hard to enjoy having a free day. My goal for the day is to not think about it, and enjoy today! I may even work on my short story collection today. I've had a particularly short story in my head since 12th grade at least. I know how to make it book length, but since that wasn't happening, I decided to focus on making it short story length, and then hasn't happening either. Rather, I should clarify, I did write it in 12th grade but with handwriting and submitted it, but had no rough draft for the last ten pages (I do that a lot sadly). I didn't get it back, and now I'm working from almost scratch. In reality, it needs to be changed A LOT anyway, but it would be nice to have the structure. Oh well. I'm also planning on job searching obviously and making some more polymer clay martians. And I have an idea for a charity in my head.... I just have no idea how to proceed. I need to do some research I guess. I heard about this great Write to Give charity the other day. Classes of elementary kids start a book and pass it to three other classes who add to and finish the book. Then they actually have them bound and everything and they sell the books and the money goes to helping fund education in Africa. At the end, all the kids (in Canada) get together to have a celebration (and receive bracletts handcrafted by a boy in Africa, who gets paid for his labour). I wonder if I can find the link www.writetogive.com I heard about it because I was supplying in the classroom of the teacher who started the charity. She's so inspiring!

Scripture of the Day:
The Lord heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds Psalm 147:3

Song of the Day: My Beloved Monster and Me - The Eels

"But if you lay her down for a kiss, her little heart it would could explode"

Etsy find of the day: romeo-and-juliet-13-x-19-art-print

No comments: