Friday, May 21, 2010

1980s, still loving the brat pack

9:30pm
When I was about 13, I didn't crush on Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise (although I did have a thing for JTT and Brad Renfro), I crushed on the Brat Packers. I cut out pictures of Emilio Estevez and Rob Lowe and pasted them in a scrapbook with photos of old Bop magazines featuring the cast of the Outsiders. The Outsiders started it all. I think I had the biggest crush on Pony Boy, but really, where did C. Thomas Howell go with his career?

Anyway, tonight, my cousins and I are watching Pretty in Pink. Molly Ringwald is so cute! We saw an interview with her in the last number of years, and she still is. As a tribute to the brat pack, the song of the day is: Pretty in Pink by the Psychedelic Furs. I posted a concert so to get the full effect of the hair and lighting.

Caroline laughs and
It's raining all day
She loves to be one of the girls
She lives in the place
In the side of our lives
Where nothing is
Ever put straight
She turns herself round
And she smiles and she says
'This is it'

Hmmmm, and howbout Bowie's Changes... one of the best songs of all time.

And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through

Etsy find of the day: A Rainbow Bright Ring! (From Venus Flytray Jewels)


Scripture of the day: Love never fails! 1 Corinthians 13
My pink hair makeovers. I don't have the site address anymore, but it was fun :D

No comments: