Saturday, May 22, 2010

11:58pm





Almost a new day! But today was a pretty good one. I went to the mall with my lovely cousins, and although I didn't purchase much, I got quite a few great jewelry ideas! (And obviously handmade is always better than retail!) My cousin got my a pair of earrings, (which match my new $10.00 shirt) and I went home and almost instantly made a very similar pair (just different colours/styles of beads). I will post the store earrings today and my design earrings tomorrow or whenever I finish both of them. Seriously I am excited about this!
I also posted photos of some of the beads I'm using for the necklace sample I'm making for a bridal party.... I was stressing because they are sorta mustard not lemon.... but I got some small lemon ones and I think I'll be able to make a pretty mix!
Then today it's Church May 24 picnic day. I look forward to it all year. It's one of the only days I get to play soccer and volleyball and ew and aw over an actually pretty good firework display and take lots of informal photos of my friends. Excitement! Oh and finally I posted a pic of my wedding scrapbook. For my class, we have to collect "poses". Re-creating the poses with proper lighting is proving harder than I thought :S

Finally, etsy find of the day: Bomobob is the name of the store, and this guy is probably my fav photographer ever. Everytime I look at his shop I want to buy more. AND, he's a super nice seller! SUPER NICE! So buy from him and then tell me, so I can live vicariously through you! haha





Etsy song of the day: I haven't got one for you, instead here is the poem Invictus, by William Ernest Henley.

Invictus
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley


Scripture of the day: I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 3:13,14.

Last week when my Church had a guest speaker, I bought her book and she put that scripture in the front for me. It's very relevant to my current place in life. She also wrote "Never give up". She was such a sweet woman. I loved having her stay at our house.

No comments: